6 Week Journaling Course
Some helpful journaling 'rules' - millionstoriesproject.com
Things to guide you to success with journaling
- Have FUN! Even when your journaling weighs you down and you don’t know what to write about. Stop, think and find a way to MAKE IT FUN! You don’t have to stay at home, what about your local coffee shop?. You could take yourself off to the sea, sit and watch and see where your mind takes you? having fun will help you find the a healing space as well as simply make it more exciting to stay in alignment with your journaling.
- Don’t be scared about ‘stuff’ that comes up. Reflect on, what does it tell you. What do you need to do to work through it. Come onto the private FACEBOOK Group and share, ask for help.
- If you miss a day or more, no worries and no beating yourself up. Just carry on with where you need to start from. Stuff happens but as you move towards finding the truth of your life, you will start to feel a sense of healing.
- Be kind to yourself! What you are doing is embarking on a journey many people are too scared to address and you have chosen to be brave. Already you are doing really well!
- Have a treat, lie in a scented bath, surrounded by candles and just be. Or make some amazing raw chocolates and savour them melting in your mouth.
- Be organised, be committed and let your loved ones know you are writing and need some time and space. Schedule YOUR time to focus on your journaling and writing in your diary/ Outlook as well as scheduling actions that come about because of any writing exercises you want to do. Create a daily checklist, print off and put on your notice board or fridge so you can keep a high level of accountability and responsibility with this.
- Don’t forget to just be, breath, go for a walk and remember point 1, have FUN.
Congratulations on getting started.